We really recommend that you read the Saltydog guide in full before you get started, so that you fully understand the system, the methods and the principles.
But if you’re of an impatient disposition, here’s the “Quick Start” version:
- Make sure you have your investment money with a broker or “fund supermarket” that allows you to easily buy and sell funds. See our Guide to Getting Started
- Decide how much risk you’re prepared to take, and pick the appropriate portfolio model for deciding where to allocate your money: Tugboat (lower risk), Ocean Liner (medium risk) or Speedboat (higher risk). See Cautious or adventurous? Deciding how much risk you want to take
- Look at the weekly data on the Saltydog App – saltydoginvestor.com - and find the best-performing sectors over the past 4 weeks. See how: Making it easy to follow the sectors: the Saltydog groups, Why moving your money between sectors makes perfect sense and The two indicators for moving your money: a significant trend, and out-performance
- Pick the best fund(s) in these sector(s), and buy it/them: The final investment decision: picking funds
- Watch the trends, week by week, and then decide when to sell: How do you decide when to sell?
Or, copy what we do…
Alternatively, you can simply follow one of the two Saltydog demonstration portfolios – the Tugboat and the Ocean Liner – where we select specific funds, and I provide you with weekly email updates on all our buying and selling decisions. See the Saltydog app
Our interactive app: weekly data, portfolio information and newsletters
Our website has a members-only interactive app where you can access:
- All the data (numbers and charts) on sectors and funds, updated every week.
- The details of our two demonstration portfolios: Tugboat and Ocean Liner.
- Back issues of all our monthly newsletters.
- Also accessible as downloadable PDFs
Go to: Saltydog app and login.
And if you’ve got any questions at all, please contact me, Richard Webb, at email@example.com
Read next > Why we use funds, and why it’s a good idea
How do I log out
Please sign in to leave a comment.